Thursday, March 19, 2009

1. What information about a user's email, the origin of a message, and the path it took, can you learn from an email message?

I can learn what kind of email service they use if its a free online email or not. If it was forwarded from another address and how many other people may have received the email.





2. In what cases would you find it useful to use the 'cc', 'bcc' and 'reply all functions of email?


The use of "cc" would be to send a copy of a message to someone. "bcc" would be to send a blind copy of a message with out other recipients seeing it, I'm thinking useful for when you emailing a large number of people at the same time but need to send a copy to just one person with out others seeing it . I may have restated that but the point is made.



3. In what ways can you ensure that an attachment you send will be easily opened by the receiver?



Ways to make sure an attachment is easy to open is to use plain txt or (ASCII) as its known or Rich txt file (RTF) also I could find out the recipient software/programs if I plane on sending a lot of emails back and forth. I can also add with the attachment a list of programs and file names that were used in creating the document.



4. What sorts of filters or rules do you have set up, and for what purpose?



I personaly have only spam filters set up. My main email is a free netmail as I have never really liked outlook and I find thet hotmail are very good with running you through stuff like spam filters at set up.



5. How have you organised the folder structure of your email and why?



My files and folders in my email are all set to people i.e. Luke Dee or School, things of that nature keeps it simple for me. I think after having gone through this, in future I may make some files and folders a little more complex as in keeping copys of emails and what not. At this point mostly I read and delete...

No comments:

Post a Comment