Thursday, March 19, 2009

Pros and Cons

So I was looking at some list and thinking about the pros and cons and it seems to me that a major thing with lists is there openness to ANYONE. I am aware that discussion boards can be the same but mostly there for members only, which keeps a level of privacy (how ever small that is) since they will need, most of the time, to sign up to post at least.



A pro of lists is I guess the ability to hit a large number of people with your idea where as a discussion board they really have to be interested in that topic to find you.



Another con of lists I saw, when looking at topic, that you have a major topic an then a lot of subtopics and a lot of time the subtopics are not moderated so you end up with things that may be undesired or totally off topic, so you end up searching through a whole bunch of crap to find what your really looking for...



I'm guessing if your looking to keep your correspondence private with a group the best place is a discussion board, that is if your not looking for random out side comments from people that may have nothing more than no idea what your talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment